Monday, March 23, 2020

Room Transformation


Welcome back to my blog! It’s been a while, and what better time to start back up writing when we are stuck at home practicing “social distancing”? I wanted to share a room update with you all that we recently completed this past winter. The main floor of our home is where we mainly spend our time together as a family, we have a living room, playroom, kitchen, dining and master bedroom all on the main floor. One room we rarely used since we moved in was our dining room, we have maybe used it a handful of times since moving in 5 1/2 years ago. It was a beautiful room that I shared in a previous post here that fit perfectly with the decor scheme we have in our home, but it was the most unused room on our main floor. We would literally walk through it on a daily basis and that was the extent of us using it.
So my husband and I were talking this past Thanksgiving about getting a piano, I played in the past and have always wanted one and it has been on my wishlist for quite some time. I also want our girls to learn to play as they grow up and my oldest is getting to the age where she can start learning. We began the hunt for a piano and initially we were searching for an upright, mainly to save on space and we were going to put it in the girls’ playroom. While looking we came across a baby grand that fit the criteria of what we were looking for except that it was a baby grand and too big for the space we had planned for it. So I went to work and started measuring our rooms to figure out where it would go and our dining room was the perfect spot. We were able to give our dining room furniture set to my parents and clear out the space to fit the piano. It gave me the opportunity to transform the dining room into a beautiful sitting room. I added two sitting chairs, a side table, a rug and changed out the light fixture to complete the look of the room. It’s a room that now gets so much more daily use from our family and it is truly a better fit for how we intend to use our space in our home.
Thanks for reading today and I hope you all are staying well, have a great week!

 Chairs: {Lay-Z-Boy can't link} similar here // Ottoman // Rug // Light


 Side Table // Table Lamp // Plant // Art (Target in store not online) similar here




No comments:

Post a Comment